We are seeking part-time on call funeral attendants to assist with services.
The qualified candidates will possess a passion for helping others, compassion, excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, professional behavior and appearance, empathy, clean driving record and the ability to lift a reasonable amount of weight.
Funeral attendant responsibilities include:
- assisting Funeral Directors on visiting hours and services
- Driving company vehicles for funeral ceremonies (hearse, limousine, vans, etc.)
- Transporting flowers and equipment for funeral services
- light cleaning after services
- attending to visitors and vehicles in the parking lot
Due to the nature of our business, these positions require the candidate to have professional attire (business suits, specifically a black suit for services), live within a 30 minute radius of Springvale, a clean and crisp appearance, and working weekends and holidays. Historically, this position has been a perfect fit for retirees or for someone with a flexible schedule.
A clean driving record is required. Applicants will be required to attain the appropriate state licensure upon hire which would be subject to a background check.
Interested candidates are asked to email our General Manager at Dan@BlackFuneralHomes.com or call (207) 324-4104.